Treatments for Head Pain
Here are the treatments that you can avail at the F.R.O.M. Toronto Pain Relief Clinic for relieving your head pain:
Through physiotherapy, we can provide targeted exercises and manual techniques. Our chiropractors use a combination of manual and shockwave therapies to address alignment issues. We believe that the head, neck, jaw and shoulder work together as a unit, and therefore, in order to best manage head and neck pain, it is important to manage the posture of the entire upper trunk.
Our physical therapists aim to reduce inflammation, muscle spasms and nerve pain through the use of manual, shockwave, laser, and electro-therapies. We use unique AI-guided exercises to improve the head and neck range of motion and stabilize posture.
Our massage therapists use time-tested manual therapeutic techniques to reduce muscle spasms, manage muscle or fascia-related pain, and bring about wellness, circulation and relaxation to your head, neck and shoulders.
At F.R.O.M., we provide personalized care using a holistic approach that combines various modalities to improve quality of life and provide long-lasting relief.
What causes Head pain?
- Cluster Headache: It results in a painful or stabbing sensation behind or around only one eye.
- Post-traumatic headache: The affected areas after a trauma or injury vary depending on their type, which can include the temples, forehead, and neck.
- Tension headache: There is pain that starts from the base of your skull and goes around the front and top of your forehead, almost like a hat that is tightening around your head and neck.
- Cervical or Spinal Headaches: A result of repetitive or injury-related neck strain and poor posture, this headache feels like it starts in your neck and spreads upwards around the base of your skull to your forehead.
- TMJ, Jaw or chewing-related Headaches: A result of jaw clicking, pain, loss of range of motion, fluid/inflammation and stiffness, this headache starts in your jaw and creeps up behind your eyes to your temples and forehead
- Whiplash-Related Headaches: Aresult of your head and neck rapidly speeding up and then coming to a stop during a car accident, fall, sports collision or other impact. This headache starts in the base of your skull and spreads both upwards around your head and downwards towards your neck
Frequently Asked Questions
Neck problems can cause head pain, especially in the case of tension headaches. These headaches usually start at the base of the skull and spread around the forehead and top of the head, creating a feeling of tightness. They are often associated with neck strain and poor posture, which can lead to nerve, ligament, joint, disc, and muscle issues in the neck. To manage and prevent tension headaches, it’s crucial to address the underlying neck problems.
TMJ (temporomandibular joint) disorders can cause headaches that start in the jaw and then spread to other areas such as the temples, forehead, and behind the eyes. These headaches are a result of jaw dysfunction, which can include symptoms like pain, clicking, limited range of motion, inflammation, stiffness, and fluid buildup in the jaw area. The discomfort from TMJ disorders can radiate and create a pattern of head pain, making it an important factor to consider in the diagnosis and treatment of certain types of headaches. Effective management of TMJ-related issues can significantly alleviate associated head pain.
When you come for your first visit, our skilled physiotherapist will conduct a comprehensive assessment. This may involve a review of your medical history, an evaluation of your range of motion, strength, and flexibility, as well as a discussion about your treatment goals. Once this assessment is complete, a personalized treatment plan will be designed specifically for you, based on your individual needs and requirements.